StepBrother Dearest by Penelope Ward 18+


Stepbrother DearestStepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward
Release Date: September 2014
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing
Pages: 202
Format: E-Book
Genre: Adult 
Source: Purchased

Goodreads Synopsis:
You’re not supposed to want the one who torments you. 

When my stepbrother, Elec, came to live with us my senior year, I wasn’t prepared for how much of a jerk he’d be. 

I hated that he took it out on me because he didn’t want to be here. 

I hated that he brought girls from our high school back to his room. 
But what I hated the most was the unwanted way my body reacted to him. 

At first, I thought all he had going for him were his rock-hard tattooed abs and chiseled face. Then, things started changing between us, and it all came to a head one night. 

Just as quickly as he’d come into my life, he was gone back to California. 

It had been years since I’d seen Elec. 

When tragedy struck our family, I’d have to face him again. 

And holy hell, the teenager who made me crazy was now a man that drove me insane.

I had a feeling my heart was about to get broken again.

Stepbrother Dearest is a standalone novel. 

**Contains graphic sexual content and harsh language. It is only appropriate for adult readers age 18+


My Thoughts:
I wasn't sure what I was going to think of this book when I picked it up. I adore everything I've read by Penelope so far and I was not dissapointed in the slightest. Stepbrother Dearest is an emotional story that goes far beyond the love of Elec and Greta. Of course this is a love story but as the story goes on the layers and depth of why they cannot be together is brought to light and it is just terrible. 

When they finally met at the age of 17 these two fall for each other and fall hard. But of course they cannot be together. They are for all intents and purposes siblings. That does not stop the feelings from developing or the love they have for each other lessening, even after 7 years of no contact. 

A death in the family have finally brought these two back together and it is anything but perfect. Greta is still madly in love with Elec. But Elec has moved on. He has found someone knew. Greta is determined to be there for Elec in any way she can. Even though she knows that he cannot be hers. 
Is she in for more heartbreak? Can she seperate her love for him? Or is she doomed and will she be left to compare every relationship to the one she so briefly had with Elec?

This story was full of fun and heartbreak. The characters are easy to get attached to and I did not want the story to end. I read the entire thing in one day. I could not put it down. I was entranced from beginning to end and I adored every minute of it. Penelope created a world of complex feelings and tangled emotions and how some love, no matter how hard you fight it are just bound to haunt you for the rest of your life. 

Fantastic story. I highly recommend Stepbrother Dearest. You might want to get your tissues out. I'm serious. You are going to need them!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your blog. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. Come visit my blog at TumesKecil
    Read my posts at here :
    - Tips beli smartphone
    - Cara menghilangkan tanda panah di shortcut dekstop windows
    - Cara mengecek tahun keluaran hp android

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dwello is the right place to buy Homes. Buy your new homes with confidence with dwello. Dwello - Right Address is Waiting.
    Tridhaatu Aum
    Veena Serenity
    Safal Trademark
    Safal Shree Saraswati
    Rite Skyluxe
    Silicon Enclave

    ReplyDelete